Wednesday, February 3, 2010

33 more days, I can't do this, but He can!

I've been feeling a bit discouraged in the teaching department lately. We are almost through our first year of home-schooling but not without lots of sweat and tears. Our oldest is extremely strong willed and never forgets to tell me how much he hates school. I think tell him to suck it up, well all had to do it, and he doesn't have a choice, and the battles are fought over and over again. I can't tell you how many times my poor husband has come home to me emotionally drained and temperamental from fighting a battle since 6AM. I can't even count the many times I have said to him "I give up, I can't do this". After speaking with 3 different people today for advice on what to do about my situation, it finally hit me during a conversation with my mother. I am trying to do this Crystals way, instead of doing it God's way. I know God has convicted me to teach my children, so therefore I know He will supply me with the strength to get through this. Obviously what I have been trying isn't working, so it's time to come up with something new. It's not time to give up, it's time to think out-side the box. It's time to spend the day on my knees digging into The Word instead of calling anyone I can think of to find help. I KNOW I CAN'T do this. But I know HE can, and it's Christ that lives within me and His will that will be done! 33 more days...He can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Therefore brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he open for us through the curtain, that is through His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encourageing one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10: 19 - 25
    You are a Child of God!!!!
    God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
    You are a Child of God!!!
    I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete