Sunday, September 12, 2010

1st week of co-op Fall 2010!


Well the first day of our homeschool co-op finally arrived! The kids have been so anxious and excited for it to begin! Our year-round homeschool has been in session since May, so they were MORE than ready for some social interaction with friends. I welcome the new busier schedule with open arms. Who doesn't need more of a challenge in their week to get the school work done? I'm teaching In My Heart, 3 grade levels of explode the code, 3 grade levels of math, 3 grade levels of handwriting, 2 levels in history and science, 2 spelling programs, oh and the twins are beginning tot school, as well as beginning to use the potty! So, in the midst of all of that, we get to crunch our 5 days of work into 4. However we love love love our co-op family and I REALLY do welcome it with open arms. This year A7 has moved up to the 2nd grade level, B4 is still participating in K-1st grade classes, and I opted to let H4 do another year in pre-K. I think she can handle most of the K activities, however for the Teacher's sake, it's a big different in a 4year old Kindergartner, and a 7year old 1st grader. I am playing a new role in the co-op this year in that I am TEACHING! For those that have done this forever it might not seem like a big deal, but children that aren't mine, terrify me. However I know God has a plan, and I can get through this! The problem is that I am the world's worst procrastinator! For instance, right now it's after 4PM on a Sunday, and I'm just now preparing our lessons for the school day that starts tomorrow at 8AM, which means I'm usually preparing our co-op lessons, at 10PM on Wednesdays, and co-op starts around 9 on Thursdays. But as I said, God has a plan, and I know that He is MORE than able to see it through!

Now onto the classes that the kiddos are taking:
A7: Apples, Legos, Cooking, and Invetions
B5: Apples, Magic School Bus, Kinder-Art, Math Fun
H4: Pre-K
B2: Toddler Activities
M2: Toddler Activities
MY schedule: Toddlers; Teaching; Teacher's Aid; then Toddlers again!

Our Thursdays will be hectic, crazy, and a bit rushed. However it's a must for us! We gotta get them socialized as much as possible right?!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment