Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 15 is Underway!

It's MONDAY! Did anyone else have a super challenging day? Between toilet training B2 and M2, keeping B5's new attitude and bay, and working diligently on teaching A7 a new math lesson, today has been EXHAUSTING! I can not think of anything else I would rather be doing though. Week 15 started out well. We are ALMOST HALFWAY through our school year. A7 is flying through his math book, and 2nd grade is going MUCH easier than 1st grade! He is also being a great Big Brother and teaching B2 and M2 all kinds of useful activities - like how to play with Nuts N Bolts! B5 has had quite the attitude lately, so we are working more on heart issues this week. However she did enjoy writing out some spelling words in a pan of sand today. Not to mention she gave me a pleasant surprise when she flowed right through her reading lessons without many stumbles at all. The heart issues, still need lots of work though! H4 is my most eager student. She is loving Kindergarten! (except the writing activities)Just as soon as she finished her work, she was practically begging for more stuff to do! (I wonder how long this will last?) This week she is focusing on the letter J. Today we made "J-Jaguars" and "j-jelly fish". She loved doing this activity! Fun alphabet crafts can be found here. M2 and B2 had a pretty leisure day in tot school. Basically some color sorting/ pinching/gripping/ and a prep for preschool video. All in all we had a great day. Of course we had our normal daily bumbs - girls fighting, babies stripping, Aaron negotiating for some playtime outside, instead of school work, typical every day things! I'm blessed beyond measure to be given the opportunity to stay home with my children. They are my ministry right now, and I take this job very seriously. My heart leaps for joy each day as we go through this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment