Friday, July 6, 2012

Homemade Fingerpaints

SOOO Sorry that it's already been a week since my last post. Things have been busy this week with school, and the holiday. The kids and I have been trying out pinterest ideas this week, so starting TODAY - I'll be sharing one of those ideas with you. We'll have lots of neat tips and tricks to share next week. Today's activity was homemade fingerpaints.

You can find this on my pinterest page. You can find the original post for the fingerpaints here.

Here is what you need:
3tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn starch
2cups water

You then mix ingredients on the stove and warm until the mixture thickens. I made 3 batches.


Then when it is cool, just add your food coloring. I made primary colors first: yellow, blue, and red.



Then mixed the Blue/Red to make purple, Blue/Yellow to make green, and Red/Yellow to make Orange.



The colors are not very BRIGHT. BUT they will do the trick for the uses I need. The substance was a little "soupy" and not super thick - so I'm not really sure if I did something wrong. But I'll give it a try another time and hopefullly perfect it a little more. For now - these are perfect for the kids!

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I'd love to see some projects your kiddos make with these. Wondering if it will look like watercolors??

    ReplyDelete