Monday, July 9, 2012

ICE!

With the super hot temps I was trying to find something cool and fun for the kids to do (besides play on the slip and slide). So I filled our perfect cube ice trays with water. I purchased ours at Meijer for only $1.99 they are just like these. I added food coloring to some, and glitter to others. Once they were frozen I popped them out, and stored them in the freezer and made some more. This was such a simple activity and the kids had so much fun!






When the ice started to melt (which was pretty fast in 103 degree heat) I dumped all the cubes & their melted water into a bin, added a couple drops of dish soap, and gave them some straws. We now have bubble and ice play!






I think those smiles say it all! Got ice trays? Have some ice fun with your kiddos! They are also fun to hammar.


Have fun with it! Your kiddos will have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment